Tuesday 23 November 2010

seams

i'm one of those people who is picky about clothing quality.
after spending 4 years learning about textiles and sewing techniques and the burning characteristics of every fibre you can think of, i pick my clothes carefully.
so it annoys me when i get it wrong.

my most favourite singlet ever, the best shape and fit and the most comfortable fabric, has just a bizarre cut. it's a discrepancy in the making that only my singlet has.

the bad thing is looking at it everytime i wear it i see this weird seam, that instead of going down goes slightly across and ends on a diagonal. i know it doesn't sound like much, but after 4 years of 'your mitred corners aren't flat enough' and 'i can't believe that shocking overlocking!', it really bugs me to see it everytime.

it gets worse.
because i love it and it's so comfortable, i went back to buy one with straight seams.
they don't have them anymore!
well, they do. but in the wrong fabric, a terrible synthetic one.

from now on, i will only purchase an item once it has passed my thorough sewing quality control check!

No comments:

Post a Comment