Thursday 18 March 2010

gotta love the interwebs

this is a most hilarious website called Not Always Right
where people send in snippets of things that happened to them whilst at work, dealing with customers. there are people who work in retail, call centres, fast foot places, corporate companies even museums and libraries!

i just love this site because it really rings true to me (is that even the way that saying is said?) becaue I have worked in jobs that require serving customers, and although mostly there were good experiences there were some moments that i would consider putting up on the site.

this one is an older one that i just loved.

D'ohpe
retail - florida, USA
customer: "Why was my return denied?"
me: "Ma'am, the system is showing us that you have recently made a lot of returns without a receipt. When this happens, corporate flags your ID and you can't make any non-receipt returns for a while. It's to prevent theft."
customer: "I'm not stealing. In fact, I have a lot of money. My boyfriend is a street pharmacist and he has a lot of money."
me: "A what, ma'am?"
customer: "A street pharmacist! He sells dope."
me: "That is more information than I want to know ma'am. You have a good day."


funny that, i've never heard it called a street pharmacist.
sounds mildly legal.

No comments:

Post a Comment