Sunday 14 March 2010

habits. they die hard.

Okay, I have something to confess.
I actually love getting up in the morning. Yes, I know.
I love being able to accomplish things before breakfast. I love the sunrise and the morning light it creates. I love feeling as though my days are really as long as summer days.
My point being, when I was at school, getting up at 6.30am was not an issue for me. I didn't care that I had to do it.

But then I finished school and had free time (yay) and I was allowed to sleep in. And of course I did, who doesn't? But a tiny bit ofme was still bothered coz I felt like I was wasting the morning.

I now think it was just about the routine. The fact that all my life except for holidays and weekends and the before I started school, was the same. Get up, get ready, eat, go to school. Every. Single. Day. I'm one of those people who finds what they like and sticks to it. And I guess, I stuck to it. For thirteen long years.

But now I sometimes get worried that I'm becoming too attached to something. So I do my crazy thing and I change certain routines. Right now, my favourite is wiping all the songs off my iPod and starting again. To freak myself out and cleanse my ears - I only put the songs back that I remember having on there and that I actually listened to.


And now for some wise words from Fyodor Dostoesvky:
"The second half of a man's life is made up of nothing but the habits he has acquired during the first half."


Okay, now don't go all crazy on me and throw me out the window, but along with enjoying getting up early,
I also don't like chocolate.
There. I said it.

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE You.
    Dont you ever ever change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a homebody aswell. I love routine and the thought of MAJOR change freaks me out a bit. But after it's happened it never seems quite so bad...

    ReplyDelete